The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: KINGMAN COMPLEX
Compensation Base: $17.67 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Facilitates, schedules, and coordinates all religious and volunteer programs for the institution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides spiritual guidance and clinical pastoral education regarding personal, family and spiritual problems.
- Visits living areas and those hospitalized on a regular basis.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of religious program and volunteer services, including selection, approval and training of both lay and clergy volunteers.
- Conducts worship services, sacramental observations and religious educational programs for detainees assigned to the facility.
- Provides and updates programs for presentation to newly-arrived detainees that orient them to the Chaplain's office and current religious programs.
- Ensures that all religious programs are in compliance with company and contracting agency policies and industry standards.
- Maintains close relationship with community religious resources and approves any donations of equipment or materials for use in religious programs.
- Counsels detainees/inmates, family members and staff.
- Maintains attendance and confidential records.
- Assures equal status and protection for all religions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Meets the certification standards of the American Correctional Chaplains Association.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in providing clinical pastoral education.
- Properly credentialed to conduct religious services according to the teaching of his/her particular religion or denomination.
- Must have current ecclesiastical endorsement by appropriate religious certifying body.
- Clinical Pastoral Education or equivalent specialized training required.
- Must possess good presentation, communication and organizational skills.