The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T COUNSELOR, OPERATIONS
at The Geo Group
Facility: TULLY HOUSE
Compensation Base: $11.75 hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position maintains an orderly environment within the assigned unit or area of the facility and performs standard operating procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures as required by Company and client contractual requirements. The operations counselor follows daily schedules and conducts him/herself in an exemplary manner at all times.
- Work Shifts Available: 7am -12pm; 1:00 pm -6:00 pm; 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- You must be available to work weekends.
- Regular days off will be either Mon/Tuesday, Tuesday/Wednesday or Wednesday/Thursday
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all resident movement within the assigned unit/area.
- Reports resident accidents or injuries to supervisor.
- Provides orientation to new residents and discharges residents.
- Performs scheduled resident headcounts and completes written count reports.
- Conducts daily inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches.
- Monitors eye drug testing.
- Reports all resident behavioral problem incidents in writing to supervisor and conducts appropriate crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents as required.
- Transports residents by company vehicle to out-of-facility appointments.
- Remains at assigned security check point and monitors security cameras to maintain safe and secure orderly environment for residents during the daily scheduled activities.
- Enforces the facility rules of conduct with the residents.
- Supervises resident visitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Required skills include: time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime as requested.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE