The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: J3T7P461WYX34D0GZ1V
Facility: LIBERTY COUNTY JAIL
Compensation Base: 23.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) in participating in the implementation and evaluation of the detainees/inmates health care needs. Provides comprehensive nursing care while observing and maintaining the requirements of security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under an RN’s direction, develops nursing care plans on detainees/inmates.
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system. Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended evaluation.
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in dispensing medication.
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!