The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3P2HS6SKTSJ4QKZMJJ
Categories: Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Compensation Base: 18.27
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position develops and implements comprehensive treatment plans for a caseload of residents who are mandated to complete substance abuse treatment plans. Accordingly, this position assesses and identifies issues for each resident, creates clear objectives and goals and tracks and documents progress in case reports while working to meet all required internal and external standards and policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements the Company’s therapeutic community treatment model.
- Prepares and submits all treatment and educational outlines, lectures, handouts and other relevant materials.
- Maintains records and clinical charts as required by Company and client’s contractual requirements.
- Provides education on substance abuse, assesses life skills and integrates results into resident client treatment plan.
- Participates in all training and supervision activities.
- Prepares schedules, reports, or other information required for the program.
- Assesses client aftercare needs, issues and services.
- Provides counseling to clients' family or significant others.
- Coordinates individual clinical care of assigned client caseload.
- Participates in treatment planning and conferences.
- Observes and supervises client interactions.
- Provides individual and group therapy and counseling. Meets with assigned clients as necessary.
- Maintains and updates resident client records and documents program in charts.
- Performs ASI Assessments or any other required assessment instruments/pre & post testing.
- Assists staff in monitoring behavior of difficult clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree: and two (2) years of experience working with substance abusers and/or offenders is preferred.
- Counselors must be either licensed as an addiction therapist ( or related discipline)., or certified as an addictions practitioner, or have a provisional license based upon credentials and experience gained in another State.
- Counselors will be primarily responsible for clinical caseloads, including developing and reviewing treatment plans, noting progress, providing clinical counseling services and preparing and maintaining clinical records which will be housed separate from basic case records They also are required to provide basic shift coverage and to participate in daily activities of the TC.
- All clinical staff who are in personal recovery and/or are ex-offenders, including TC graduates, must be in recovery (abstinent) from mood altering chemical) and crime free for at least five (5) years, and no longer under judicial supervision. A Master's Degree or PhD. may substitute for one year of counseling experience.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!