The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE LEAD
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M3326Z310ZT28FBTV
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: LEA COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position supervises an assigned group of Substance Abuse Counselors who implement and maintain the facility’s drug and alcohol abuse program. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and group counseling sessions and instructional programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises Substance Abuse Counselor and reviews and approves their documentation according to state requirements.
- Participates in orientation of residents regarding the chemical dependency treatment programs.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and program for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psycho-social history on all incoming residents.
- Develops an individual written program plan for each resident within his/her assigned caseload.
- Completes all required documentation and/or required forms for those residents who are assigned to his/her caseload.
- Assists in the coordination of resident program schedules to ensure the needs of the resident and goals set by the Individual Written Program Plan are met.
- Develops discharge plans and provides follow–up on residents who are released from the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a Behavioral Science field such as Psychology, Sociology, or Human Relations.
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (LADAC) in the State of New Mexico and 6,000 work hours.
- Previous experience working within a correctional setting is desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Personal commitment to uphold and adhere to the Code of Ethics as outlined by the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!