The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs, and associations.
- Completes required testing, assessment, and psychosocial history on incoming residents as required.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduated from an accredited college or university with a course study in the Social or Behavior Sciences preferred. (Work experience may be substituted for college training).
Must meet the minimum requirements to be designated as a Counselor Intern by the state and have been designated by the Counselor Intern by the state within 180 days of employment.
Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
Ability to interact in professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
Personal commitment to uphold and adhere to the Code of Ethics as outlined by the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.