The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Dietary Manager
at The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Our leadership team is seeking a certified dietary manager (CDM), to manage food service operations in our skilled nursing facility. CDM responsibilities include creating meals, planning menus, and maintaining quality control. You must order food, track inventory, and ensure the safety and efficiency of the entire department operations. Specific management duties include hiring new team members, scheduling all employees, and performance management. You need excellent communication skills to interact with employees and residents on a daily basis. Working in our facility requires compassion and strong teamwork skills are a must. We offer unique benefits as well as traditional benefits, a fun and collaborative working environment that is focused on resident care.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintenance and retention of dietary records.
· Monitor and stay within departmental budget.
· Requisitions supplies, maintain inventory of necessary supplies and control inventory of supplies.
· Supervise and assist in workflow and food handling techniques of staff throughout meal preparation and service.
· Samples food for quality and taste.
· Assist in planning and implementing of cycle menus.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of current files of recipes for all diets.
· Inspect special diet trays for conformance to physician orders.
· Plan and coordinate dietary service functions.
· Conduct or assists in department inspections and quality control.
· May prepare food according to recipe directions, diet orders and tray cards.
· Recruit, train and supervise employees.
· Coordinate, conduct and document in-services monthly at minimum as directed by the nutritional consultant.
· Interact with residents to determine food preferences and possible allergies.
· Monitor and ensure interventions for weight losses and weight gains.
· Track losses and gains of resident weights to identify any trends within the facility and report any findings accordingly to the Administrator.
· Ensure the facility is in compliance with Mohave County Health Department Food Service Ordinances, Federal and State Long Term Care statutes.
Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma or its equivalent
· Minimum one year dietary management in a health care setting.
· Current Certified Dietary Manager certification or ability to obtain a Certified Dietary Manager certification within one year from date of hire.
· Manager Food Handler Certification.
· Safety- sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 29-493 As an employee performing and maintaining safety-sensitive functions in the dietary department, you are responsible for providing a safe work environment for your employees and the residents of the facility.
· Obtain and maintain CPR certification and AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
· Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to twist, bend and kneel through shift; able to pick up debris from the floor
· Must be able to work with chemicals, infectious waste, diseases and communicable diseases.
· Regularly required to talk, hear and read.
· This is a full-time position in a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This position works primarily daytime hours, Monday through Friday; however, some holidays, evenings and weekends may be necessary on occasion.
· Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds
· Friendly polite and courteous demeanor
· Able to take directions
· Excellent communication skills
· Work and cooperate as part of a team