Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ascend Behavioral Health
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Residential Services
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: The Medical Coordinator is
responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to medications, attending and making medical/dental appointments, coordination of care with state officially. Part of the QA team
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Medical Coordinator is responsible for developing a system to help and provide medical services to ensure wellness of residents. He or She will be responsible to maintain the medical information for coordination of care with state officials.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Upkeep interpersonal skills
- Communication and cooperation with peers and other state personnel
- Accompany and transport residents to activities such as:
- Medical or dental appointments, setting up
- apots and working with transport personnel for care coordination , etc
- And other assigned activities by Director of Residential ServiceS
As the Medical Coordinator, monitor and report resident's progress:
- Maintain individual records for medical appointments and all wellness of clients. Maintain accurate information for each resident on a daily basis for all activities.
- Attend ISP meetings for residents as designated
- Attend scheduled staff meetings as designated
- Maintain communication with all staff to increase awareness of progress and problems with medications or wellness check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The ability to work with adults whom exhibit severe behavioral problems and maintain a positive demeanor.
The knowledge of basic behavior modification principles
- The skills and knowledge to:
- Protect client rights
- Provide treatment that promotes client dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy, and choice
- Recognize common symptoms of mental disorder, personality disorder, or substance abuse.
HOURS OF WORK: Forty (40) hours per week; exempt position.
EVALUATION SCHEDULE: annual.
Skill / Requirements
Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and have a minimum of:
1. Bachelors Degree in the social sciences and/or (3) years experience as an admin personnel; medical assistant; caregiver with admin experience.
2. Additionally, he/she must posses the personal characteristics necessary to effectively maintain a good relationships with state officials, Staff and persons with emotional challenges