Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Director- Behavioral Health
at Ascend Behavioral Health
The Program Director is responsible for overseeing the management and operations of the residential sites and daily programming.
Program Director Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in Interviewing, hiring, training, and supervision of the Residential Program Managers,Director of Residential Services, Director of Health Services and direct staff.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of systems designed to promote a positive therapeutic milieu.
- Development of new programs for expansion
- Enforcing company policy statements. Assist in creating new policies.
- Maintaining all licensing standards and accreditations.
- Ensuring site expenditures remain within budget.
- Reporting on activities and status of each site.
- Perform monthly HR audits.
- Perform site audits weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Responsible for quality assurance activities.
- Ensure QA of all clinical files is complete upon admission, during placement, and upon discharge.
- Continued stay requests, certificate of need, monthly statistics, and any other monthly reports as required by contracted agencies, or by the request by Clinical Director.
- Ensure that all pre-employment and on-going competency training and evaluation is completed and documented for direct care staff in accordance with contracted time-lines. Ensures all Personnel Files are in compliance
- Contract negotiations and renewals
- Responsible for New site development and setting up /creating new programming for expansion .
- Program Director Working Conditions:
- Includes working in various settings, clinical, residential and office settings
- May include outside setting during outings social service agency meetings, school meetings
- Will require responsibility for facilitating program activities, behavior/crisis management, schedules and procedures
Skill / Requirements
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in behavioral health with at least five (5) years experience in management or administration of behavioral health programs and/or a Masters degree from an accredited college in the field of business, behavioral health or the social or behavioral sciences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of management principles
- Special knowledge of behavioral modification
- Special knowledge in the care and needs of the emotionally-challenged population.
- The ability to supervise others, manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of the Arizona Department of Behavioral Health licensing procedures and requirements.
- The ability to design, implement, and monitor systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill as well as active listening skills are required.
- Ability to comprehend, plan, direct and coordinate activities to meet overall program standards as directed by clinical director or executive director.
- Must be able to work effectively with clients, their families, outside agencies and other members of the staff.
- Must be able to maintain confidential client and personnel information.