Ascend Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Therapist / Clinician - Part Time NEEDED FOR OUR EXPANSION
at Ascend Behavioral Health
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: To provide individual, family, and group counseling to clients and their families. To oversee all clinical procedures and operations within the agency.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The Therapist/Clinician is responsible for developing and monitoring all direct resident related treatment programs and he/she provides counseling for residents and families.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Complete the Intake and Assessment forms.
- This process begins with the receipt of client information from referral sources with ongoing updates throughout client stay.
- Develop and prepare individualized treatment plans, programs and activities.
- Provide individual and group therapy.
- Focus on staff understanding and implementing of resident treatment plan and behavior management programs.
- Discuss strategies for dealing with individual/resident issues, i.e., personal, family, etc.
- Prepare the 30 days monthly progress reports, Annual comprehensive assessment reports. Revise the treatment plans as indicated.
- Staff clients with psychiatrist and CEO or designee when appropriate.
- Consult with case managers, parents, attorneys, etc.
- Participate in resident staffings at the residence and complete weekly staffing on all residents.
- Review client issues regularly.
- Develops behavior modification systems within the therapeutic milieu.
- Supervises ITP development and implementation.
Skill / Requirements
- A Masters Degree and/ or Ph.D is required.
- A minimum of two years experience working with adults and or children who have a wide range of emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners or in the process as a social worker or professional counselor or marriage and family therapist, LISAC,LCSW, LAC,LMSW etc.
- A minimum of three years supervisory/management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and skills in treatment/program planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with behavioral intervention strategies.
- Knowledge of accepted procedures for individual, group, and family counseling.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- General knowledge of behavior modification.
- Special knowledge on the needs of Seriously Mentally Ill adults
EVALUATION SCHEDULE: Annual
If you meet the qualifications, submit a cover letter and your resume online today!