Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Errand Services Associate (Pet Walker/Pool Concierge)
at Valet Living
Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!
Do you have a knack for providing top-level customer service? Do you go the extra mile to ensure satisfaction for clients and guests? If so, this just might be the right opportunity for you!
We are hiring for an Errand Services Associate (Home Valet) who will be responsible for providing exemplary and timely customer service to community staff, pets, and residents of our client communities. Amenity services including but not limited to pet visits, errand services, and pool concierge services.
Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, 10 Am to 3 PM
- Deliver memorable interactions with all residents and community staff by being friendly, answering questions, and being helpful as you develop a strong rapport with each client
- Conduct any amenity services needed including pet walking, dry cleaning pickup/drop off, package delivery, courier services, etc.
- Use own transportation for errand services such as pick-up and delivery of groceries and other general resident goods or supplies
- Ensure security of resident homes and property when picking up and dropping off pets or other items
- Manage and organize the delivery of resident packages by accepting packages, arranging the delivery of the package, and notifying the resident
- Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positivity
- Keep concierge suite clean and organized
- Adhere to the proper safety protocols and procedures
- The Home Valet schedule is subject to change dependent upon business needs
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Handle dogs of varying sizes and breeds while delivering an exceptional dog walking experience with plenty of love and attention
- Walk dogs on a leash, outdoors, and in all weather conditions for 15 minutes to 2 hours at a time
- Ensure safety of the dog resident and those around them (human and dogs) when being exercised and socialized
- Allow dogs to relieve themselves during the walk and then remove and discard pet waste
- Communicate to dog owners with a status update and photo of the pet after each walk
- Record which dog was walked, the duration of the walk, and anything abnormal observed during the walk
- Understand special requests and conditions of the resident’s pet(s)
- Act as the point of contact for all residents and guests using the community pool
- Help maintain community pool area amenities such as cabanas, pool area clubhouses, and grill areas
- Manage cabanas and club lounge reservations
- Enforce all community rules such as no pets, no glass, etc.
- Routinely wipe down all touch points and hard surfaces within and around the pool area (all common areas, cabanas, pool tables, chairs, etc.)
You are a good fit if you have the following skills:
- Must have a commitment to service excellence with a friendly and positive attitude
- Enjoys working outside and being physically active
- Must love dogs with an understanding and willingness to learn about animal care
- Comfortable with dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments
- Excellent ability to read dog body language and behaviors
- Able to keep up with the physical demands of being on your feet and walking for much of the day
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Able to cope with inclement weather (rain, snow, cold, or heat wave - we walk through it all)
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to take direction, be reliable, work productively on one’s own and adhere to a schedule
- Own an iPhone with IOS 9 or newer or Android 6 or newer
- Comfortable with downloading and using mobile apps
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Desire to be part of a fun and growing company
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Familiar with basic dog training commands
- Experience working as a concierge in a hotel or luxury condominium is a plus
- Experience working in a veterinary hospital, pet grooming, pet ownership or pet boarding business is a plus
- Experience in the multifamily industry is a plus
- Certification or degree in hospitality management is a plus
We provide the following benefits to our part-time associates:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- Associate discount programs
- Associate and family assistance program
- Rewards and recognition program
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Valet Living is the only nationally-recognized full-service amenities provider to the multifamily housing industry, performing more than 340 million events annually across 1.4 million apartment homes and 40 states. Through its portfolio of both business to business and resident facing amenities, Valet Living is also the only company in the multifamily industry to combine doorstep waste and recycling collection with both sustainability-related and premium home-related services. Valet Living has been setting the standard for residential living since 1995 and is a portfolio company of the Private Equity Group of Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE: ARES) and Harvest Partners, LP.