Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Information Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Coding Supervisor, the Coder II will assign ICD-10-CM, CPT and/or HCPCS codes, as appropriate and abstract pertinent information from patient records. Generally, this position can perform coding on various types of cases, including; Clinic visits, ancillary visits, Emergency Room including Infusion and Injections and Series Accounts, E&M levels and assists in state of Arizona tape edits. Must maintain appropriate coding productivity per type of account coded and maintain coding quality benchmarks as prescribed by the Coding Policy and Procedure as established for Valleywise Health.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Health Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that results in the required specialized knowledge and ability to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Requires prior healthcare coding experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires the ability to pass a coding exam prior to hire.
- Must have certification as either RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CPC.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of and be able to code patient medical records.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of ICD-10, and CPT and HCPCS codes.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain appropriate coding quality and productivity established in the Coding Department Policy and Procedure.
- Must have a good understanding of computer applications and of automated encoder system.
- Must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, surgical terminology, pharmacological terminology, patient care documentation terminology, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS codes, Severity of Illness, Risk of Mortality and HCC codes for PQRS RAF scores, as appropriate for outpatient.
- Must have the analytical ability necessary to interpret data contained in records and to assign appropriate codes.
- Must also have knowledge of, ICD10, APC coding systems and MS Diagnostic-Related Groups and
- Must be able to abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and Certified Professional Coders Association.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to work well independently and demonstrate independent decision making abilities.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.