Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Master Social Worker_Palliative Care
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager of Care Coordination, the Palliative Care Licensed Social Worker, as a member of the multi-disciplinary care team, is responsible for coordinating social work services for the Palliative Care service across healthcare settings. This position provides services for patient and families including, but not limited to: psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, coordination, referrals to hospice and palliative care, assistance with advanced directives, support/counseling, family care conferences, and bereavement support.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work
- Requires recent experience in the palliative care or hospice care setting.
- Prefer recent experience providing case management and social worker services (psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, coordination, community referrals, and support/counseling) in acute and/or ambulatory care settings.
- Must be licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate clinical knowledge and skills to assess emotional and social needs of patients and their families.
- Requires excellent communication and clinical skills and ability to maintain professional rapport with team members, physicians, and internal and external partners.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.
- Requires cultural competency in understanding history, traditions, and values as they relate to palliative and end of life care within different groups.
- Bilingual a plus.