Vista Community Clinic
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - FLOAT
at Vista Community Clinic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
- Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Friday-8am to 5pm, x1 Sat/mo. 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Supports physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and/or nurses by taking vitals, assisting in medical examinations and other specific procedures, and providing translation services.
- Prepare patients for examination and assist providers with the examination and/or procedure
- Take vital signs, height and weight of patients; plot growth charts; administer immunizations
- Perform laboratory and screening tests customarily performed in a medical office such as visual acuity, audiometric screening, Snellen tests, spirometry tests and EKG’s
- Give counseling, care and follow-up instructions, health education and materials to patients as instructed by provider
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification indicating completion of program from an approved school or hospital
- Minimum five years’ back office or three years’ specialty practice experience
- Current CPR certification
- Phlebotomy certification
- Valid California driver’s license, vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
- Knowledge of community health centers, public assistance programs, state and federal regulations and managed care systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary for communication with patients/clients, providers and other staff
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Emergency response capabilities for possible crisis situation
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, noisy environment
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail, communication systems and internet search capabilities