Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food and Nutrition Services Manager
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
Food and Nutrition Services Manager
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. Vivage Senior Living is the combined entity of two established Colorado senior housing and post-acute healthcare leaders: Quality Life Management and Piñon Management. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture - Competitive Pay - Growth Opportunities - Great Benefits - Family Environment - Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The person in this position is in charge of production and service of high quality meals; organize, supervise, and train dining services employees; purchase food and supplies; provide a sanitary and infection free environment; participate in the assessment process; write care plans; prepare menus and meals; make decisions. Prepare, cook, season, and serve adequate, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals, including meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified and scheduled by the menus. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures and reports to the Administrator.
- Assist in the development of dietetic policies and procedures
- Plan diets to be reviewed by dietitian
- Maintain a file of standard recipes
- Visit residents and assist in gathering information on food preferences
- Follow up recommendations of the dietitian and state survey team
- Monitor residents weights
- Maintain records, such as meal census, diets served, menus, purchase records, nutrition assessments and care plans, and weekly staffing patterns
- Assist in the resident assessment and comprehensive care plan
- Plan menus, conferring with a dining services consultant as needed, to ensure that menus conform to nutritional standards and government and established regulations and procedures
- Review resident diet information and care plans, and discuss with resident, family, nursing staff, and consultant dietitian as necessary to make appropriate changes
- Instruct new residents concerning when meals are to be served, coffee time, and convey methods of serving nourishment
- Supervise the receiving and storage of food
- Supervise food preparation and service
- Maintain high sanitation standards
- Ensure maintenance of equipment
- Schedule food service employees
- Supervise cleaning procedures to ensure safe and sanitary conditions are maintained within the food service department, including kitchen, dining room, refrigerators and freezers
- License/Certification: Dietitian, ADA, Diet Technician, chef, and/or dietary manager meeting current requirements established by the state regulatory agency.
- Education: High school diploma
- Experience: Previous experience in the dietary department of a healthcare facility preferred.