Vivage Quality Health Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Therapist
at Vivage Quality Health Partners
Speech Language Therapist
- Are you passionate about being a part of a team?
- Do you like helping and caring for others?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality care?
- Do you effectively communicate with people?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture - Competitive Pay - Growth Opportunities - Great Benefits - Family Environment - Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
- Provide skilled, medically necessary speech and language therapy assessments as well
as develop and implement individualized treatment plans to increase client’s
independence and functioning
- Provide aural rehabilitation for client’s who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Provide augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems for individuals with
severe expressive and/or language comprehension disorders
- Provide training and education to client, family, caregivers and other professionals as a
subject matter expert
- Coordinate and collaborate with other professionals for diagnostic swallowing
procedures (MBSS, FEES) as ordered by physician
- Supervise as appropriate, provisional licensees, students including Clinical Fellowship
year externs (CFY) and support personnel in accordance with state licensure
requirements and professional standards
- Demonstrate competent technical skills according to current Speech Therapy standards
- Communicate changes in resident’s condition
- Participate in collaborative care conferences and discharge planning
- Provide accurate and timely billing records and supporting clinical documentation
- Respond to family requests and concerns timely
- Coordinate and provide training with Restorative Nursing and other Care staff
- Assure resident abuse or neglect does not occur
- Observe confidentiality and safeguards for all patient information
- Assist with training and education of facility and professional partners
- Perform screening rounds as directed by Director of Rehabilitation to assess for client
needs and environmental safety
- Provide recommendations to Director of Rehab and other team members opportunities
for business improvement, safety concerns or other updates
- Participation in SLP student development and educational programs
- Ensure compliance with mandatory education, training and competency programs
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and tour readiness of the therapy department
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required
- Previous experience and knowledge to provide appropriate care in post acute or long
term care environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of current Speech Therapy practices and procedures including laws,
regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities
- Current, unencumbered, active Colorado Speech Therapy License (required)
- Current ASHA certification
- BLS certification as requested
- Vital Stim certification as requested