Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Assistant- AM Shift
at Volunteers of America
The Dietary Assistant provides quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the residents.
Shift: Part-time 5:00am-1:00pm with rotating weekends
- Understands and follows procedures related to all duties or special assignments as directed by the Director of Dietary, Management Team and/or Cook
- Assists in defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Dietary, Management Team and/or Cook
- Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as preparing food items, carrying quantity foods, serving meals, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning assigned work area
- Coordination and dexterity for preparing food and operating dietary equipment safely
- Ability to work in an area that is often very hot/cold