Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Unit Coordinator - HUC
at Volunteers of America
The Maplewood Care Center is part of the Maplewood Campus, providing full circle care and housing to seniors on the East Side of Saint Paul. We are looking for a compassionate Health Unit Coordinator to provide exceptional care to our residents! The primary purpose of the Health Unit Coordinator is to facilitate the maintenance of the resident's medical record, transcribes orders, set up appointments and transportation for residents, and role models the customer service expectation on the station.
This Full-Time employee must be able to work one weekend per month.
Day: Monday-Friday 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Pay Rates: $15.00-$17.00 based on experience
- Graduate of a HUC education program if applicable or LPN or completion of a medical transcription course preferred.
- Prior experience as a Health Unit Coordinator in health care preferred.
- Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Record medical and administrative information in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update roster of residents for assigned unit.
- Answer telephone calls, page calls, deliver messages to residents, etc.
- Transcribe doctor's orders as per facility policy. Acknowledges and coordinates the communication of physician's orders.
- Faxes appropriate information to the pharmacy, lab and clinics as directed by the nurses and physician orders.
- Record appropriate resident identification data on designated medical records, wristbands, ID cards, resident personal property, etc., as required.
- Coordinates resident appointments for diagnostic and therapeutic services:
- Other medical referral;
- Podiatrist, Ophthalmologist, Hearing, Dental.