Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LPN- Weekends (Saturday-Sunday)
at Volunteers of America
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Volunteers of America is looking for a Weekend Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join its team. The LPN role shall perform in accordance with state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization.
Our person centered care approach provides a low nurse to patient ratio, which allows you to make a real difference in the lives of those in your community. You will truly provide exceptional cares and clinical outcomes to your residents.
- Role models positive & open communication skills with all staff, customers, guests, residents and families.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
- Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy.
Work where you feel at home.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
When you join our team of exceptional professionals, we'll trust you to do your best each day, and to show compassion and caring for our residents and your fellow team members. In return, you'll be rewarded with a generous array of industry-leading benefits and workplace considerations.
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Loan reimbursement (MN skilled care centers)
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
- Employee discount program
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice. Maintain a current CPR Certification.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
- Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Maintain IV Certification if required in the state of practice.
- Understanding of current Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection Prevention & Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.