Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse-12-hour Night Shift
at Volunteers of America
Work where you will recieve the support you need to grow in your nursing career!
New Retention Incentives!!
Work in a beautiful Senior Living Community in Northwest Rochester. If you love seniors and wish to make a difference - come join us!
In return for your service - we offer top benefits, scholarships, and a fun and supportive environment.
Volunteers of America is looking for 2-part time Night RN Nurses to join its team at our Homestead of Rochester Community in Rochester, MN!
*** Our Night RN Nurses are set for 12-hour shifts ***
- Provides Leadership and Direction on Assigned Unit
- Role models positive communication skills with NA/R's, C.N.A.'s, HHA's, STNAs, TMA's (if applicable), interdisciplinary team, supervisory and management team, customers, residents and families.
- Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
- Make rounds to residents to observe their physical and psychosocial status.
- Assign personnel appropriately to meet resident needs.
- Ensure that unit personnel on your shift are carrying out their assignments.
- Attend nurses and team meetings as scheduled and/or assigned.
- Initiate disciplinary action when the performance of personnel warrants such action.
- Report occupational exposures to needlesticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Registration.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.