Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: POP, POPZ (23)
Position Control: 3707
Department: Special Services
Accountable To: Director of Special Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 1, 2017
Summary: Under general direction, incumbents are responsible for screening, evaluating, planning and administering individual or group therapy programs. Incumbents consult with other medical personnel and parents in evaluating special needs.
- Performs tests and measurements in evaluating students in order to determine status, establish performance baselines, set new goals, determine disabilities or special needs and to give referrals to other agencies. Reviews student’s medical records to aid in evaluating status and needs. Interprets findings and records data in student files including maintaining file system for students and tracking of student problems and progress.
- Supervises therapy assistants and aides including assigning and monitoring their work.
- Consults with physicians and other health professionals in order to obtain additional information and to make recommendations and referrals to other agencies. Stays current on new methods and techniques by participating in professional groups and attends meetings.
- Develops and implements written educational plans for individuals based on evaluations including evaluating and revising programs as needed. Provides students and families with home programs to enhance carry-over of therapeutic objectives.
- Provides in-service training to school staff and parents including presenting new materials, describing new processes and demonstrating new procedures.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- Two years experience as an occupational or physical therapist; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Therapeutic theories and principles including physical and/or occupational therapy;
- Child development theories;
- Presentation techniques;
- Tests and measurements used to evaluate student status;
- Referral agencies;
- Medical terminology.
- Interpreting and implementing therapeutic theories and practices;
- Making group presentations;
- Instructing others in techniques and procedures;
- Using testing and measuring methods in evaluating students;
- Assigning and monitoring the work of support staff;
- Screening and evaluating students with disabilities or special needs;
- Interpreting medical terminology;
- Rrevising, implementing and evaluating therapeutic programs;
- Interpersonal communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Special Services Administrator|
Monday, July 27, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)