Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Laboratory Technologist
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
Job Status: On Call
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
The CLS/MLT is responsible for the collection, processing and analysis of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records and quality control practices.
****PRN Shifts available****
Essential Job Duties:
- Specimen collection and processing, test performance, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results in accordance with lab policies and procedures
- Maintain records that demonstrate PT (Proficiency Tests) are performed in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhere to lab QC (Quality Control) policies, document all QC activities, instrument and procedure calibrations and maintenance performed
- Follow lab’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the lab’s established acceptable levels of performance
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify supervisory personnel, the laboratory manager or laboratory director
- Document all corrective actions when test systems deviate from the lab’s established performance specifications
- Review and assist in maintaining inventory levels
- Provide training to medical laboratory and phlebotomy students
- Technologist/Scientist: Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry with MT/MLS/CLS certification by either ASCP, HEW or AMT; BS required for Lead position
- Technician: Associate degree or education and training equivalent to an Associate degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry with MLT/CLT certification by either ASCP, HEW or AMT
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, push/pull, kneel/crouch/crawl, reach with hands/arms; lift up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 100 pounds or more with assistance infrequently; close and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus required; repetitive hand motions, grasping and fine dexterity required Work Environment: work near/with moving mechanical parts, toxic/caustic chemicals, extreme cold (non-weather, i.e. dry ice), and loud noise
Please click on the link below to apply for the position.